Eventually all those who are included in the book project will have to type out their manuscripts. I explored formatting issues yesterday. Again, it seems like the next strategy is to match up a Word document to the format requirements. Document settings will vary based on the typewriter’s typeface. I set the Document margins at .75 and resized the page at 6×9 (width x length). This time I settled on Courier New 11 for the font. This seems to have matched up with my typewrite’s typeface. Then I set the margins on the typewriter (English keyboard, therefore not metric), starting the left margin at two inches simply to center the page. I set the right margin at seven inches. Now, here’s the weird part, and I don’t pretend to be a math person, but this 5 inch width matches up with 4.5 on my regular ruler. Go figure. I’m sure someone can explain this to me. In any case, transcribing from the computer allows me to know when to start a new page on the typewriter.
This title page begins after several required spacings. The second page would look more full.