I’ve made some progress with my Blickensderfer 5. I dug into some screws and washers left over from a parts machine. Now the line-space advance lever works.
The next task is to get the wheel working. It does not always hit the page. Something gets in the way. That said, with some ink applied directly to the wheel, I got a good imprint.
The mechanics are pretty fascinating, reminding me a bit of a Hammond. In his case, the wheel turns to the proper letter while striking the page.
The tension for the ink roller needs to be tightened. (There are some helpful videos on YouTube). Finally, I ordered some shrink tube from Amazon today. This platen is horrendous! Fingers crossed.