Be careful with that hard platen. I was listening to Austin Typewriter, Ink podcast and according to them you can break your type slugs right off. Ye-Gads!

Wow. According to one video I watched on the Blue Bird, one issue is the distance that the typebar has to travel to reach the platen. It requires effort. Seems like a fault in design.

Nice looking typewriter. I never typed on one.

Looks good for Florida and the East Coast to avoid the brunt of the storm, but even the good side of a hurricane can cause a tremendous amount of damage.

Look on the bright side, there are more storms churning around out there on the ocean. Hopefully none will gain strength.

The other good news is that I have leftovers for the next several days. I might have over done it.

3. L.T. Hanlon says:

“A Torpedo packaged for the British market?” Isn’t that like twiddling one’s thumbs while Coventry takes it on the chin?

Naming a typewriter company “Torpedo” should have tipped everyone off.

4. L.T. Hanlon says:

We don’t have too many weather emergencies here in Chicago, but during occasional power outages, I’ve fired up the battery-powered shortwave and enjoyed reception free of electrical interference.

I have a solar radio coming in the mail. It has some other features, too. I’m looking forward to tinkering with it.

1. L.T. Hanlon says:

Those radios are useful in emergencies — and just generally for folks who love gadgets.