Fun method of promoting a digital free environment and perhaps promoting literacy at the same time. Read a book instead of surfing digital images and broken language of the on line variety.

Liked by 2 people

2. L.T. Hanlon says:

I like this idea — and as a Colorado native give you a big thumbs up for the Durango sticker.

Someday I hope to live there.

1. L.T. Hanlon says:

I’d like to live there again, as well, but probably not in the Denver area where I grew up. The Western Slope would be nice.

I love those San Juan Mountains. Still have not been up to Rocky National Park.

3. L.T. Hanlon says:

Rocky Mountain National Park is great, but my favorite has always been Mesa Verde National Park. It’s just west of Durango too!

I’ve passed there, headed to Utah and Arizona. I know it is a must-see.

5. L.T. Hanlon says:

A member of my extended family worked as a traveling typewriter repairman. He lived in Denver and made a circuit of towns all over the Western Slope, often riding the Rio Grande’s narrow gauge to places like Durango. He died before I was born and I always regretted that nobody ever did an oral history with him.

That is interesting. It would make for a great book.

I’ve scored several typewriters during travels in the Southwest. One wonders.

Wonderful inscriptions on the duct tape. Happy trails!

4. Blick No.06 says:

Fun! I don’t think “hipsters” would use duct tape. How much does this weigh? What’s the rough weight/dimensions of an ultra portable, or is that just subjective?

Depends. Olympias are always heavy, but they are quality machines. Plastic machines weigh the least, but I’m not a fan of plastic (just personal taste).

5. Blick No.06 says:

BTW, this is awesome — did you come up with “Face books, not Facebook” or where did you first hear that? Earliest similar quotation I could find was this: https://www.insidehighered.com/views/2007/02/22/icranky

I made it up, but I’m sure others have, too.